Beat the heat this summer with a new energy-efficient air conditioner from Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning.
We proudly serve Denver, CO, and surrounding areas. As your local Lennox Premier Dealer, the team at Lakeside delivers some of the quietest, most innovative cooling solutions on the market today. The team at Lakeside is ready to help you choose an AC solution that fits both your needs and budget. Plus, we also offer zoned cooling options such as mini-splits to offer added comfort without breaking your bank account.
Don’t let problems with your air conditioning system leave you in the heat! Our team offers a range of financing options to help get your home feeling comfortable. Get started now—call Lakeside at 303-412-8015 for a free estimate and to find out how we can make it happen.
5 Signs You Might Need Air Conditioning Replacement
Are you considering air conditioning replacement? If it’s more than 10 years old, there are many advantages to upgrading. Not only will a new unit be more efficient and powerful than its predecessor—it could also lower energy costs while ensuring that your home remains cool during the hot summer months. Here are five signs you may need to consider installing a new air conditioner:
- Age: If your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it may be time to consider replacing the unit.
- Noises: Abnormal noises coming from the AC unit could indicate a problem. Your air conditioner should only make a low hum when it’s running. Grinding, squealing or buzzing sounds could be a sign that it’s time to replace the unit.
- Smells: If you start to notice strange smells coming from your AC unit, this could mean there is dust, mold or mildew buildup in the system. A bad odor could be a warning sign that your air conditioner needs to be replaced.
- Leaking water: If you notice fluid leaks around the unit, this could indicate a refrigerant leak.
- Uses R-22: If your home’s air conditioner uses R-22, a refrigerant also called Freon, which is no longer used, it may be time to replace it with a newer model.
What SEER Ratings Mean for the Size of Your Air Conditioner
You may have heard of SEER ratings. What do they mean?
SEER is short for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating, and they provide a valuable measure of your air conditioner’s energy efficiency. The higher the number, the more efficient it is. Investing in an appliance with greater SEER will ultimately help you maximize cost savings on electricity bills.
Outdated air conditioners are often inefficient with a SEER of 12 or less and use R-22 refrigerant, a coolant that is no longer used. Modern, efficient AC units have a SEER of 13–21 and use ozone-friendly refrigerants such as R-410A.
Newer, energy-efficient air conditioners are a great way to save money on your utility bills. What’s more, with an air conditioner that’s 15 SEER or higher, you could be eligible for substantial utility rebates or tax credits through Xcel Energy. Lakeside can easily help you with the process—we’re one of the top rebate-producing companies for Xcel. Just check in with your tax professional to make sure you’re set up right. That way you can enjoy cost savings now and throughout the length of your new AC unit’s lifetime.
To ensure you get the most out of your air conditioner, we’ll help determine the optimal SEER rating and size it perfectly for peak performance in your home. Things we consider when selecting the right size of air conditioner for your home:
- Denver’s climate
- Size of your home
- Your home’s windows
- How much sun and shade your home gets
- How much insulation your home has
- Number of people who live in the home
- Your home’s ductwork
Schedule a Free Estimate Today for Air Conditioning Installation in Denver, CO
Lakeside has been keeping Denver, CO, and the surrounding areas comfortable for more than 50 years. We offer only top-of-the-line air conditioning systems and unbeatable customer service.
With competitive pricing, excellent air conditioning repair and skilled air conditioning maintenance to keep you cool in even the hottest Colorado summers, why look anywhere else? Contact us today at 303 -412 8015 to get a free estimate!