What Is a Smart Thermostat?
There’s a bit of overlap between smart thermostats and programmable thermostats. They both have digital displays and are hardwired to your HVAC system. They also feature the ability to schedule heating and cooling ahead of time. But a “smart” thermostat goes a lot further with this concept. It uses its intelligent programming to recommend the optimal ways to use your HVAC system.
Another key benefit of smart thermostats is their ability to learn your unique comfort preferences. If you like to lower the temperature before bed, it can start doing that automatically for you. Over time it will determine how to balance your preferences with energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Taking Advantage of New Features and Remote Control
Installing a smart thermostat in Arvada, CO, is a great investment for your home. It can improve how you use your existing equipment and open the door for other smart accessories. Here are five benefits of smart thermostat installation in Arvada.
- Adjust settings from anywhere: Smart thermostats feature Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to control your home’s temperature from anywhere with an internet connection. Whether you’re at home or on vacation, adjusting the controls via your phone or other smart device is easy.
- Set up custom comfort schedules: Like programmable thermostats, smart thermostats are ideal for custom daily schedules that fit within your routine. But smart thermostats can go a step further, learning your habits and making the changes on its own.
- Find ways to save on energy: Many models monitor outside information to further improve how you use your HVAC system. For example, it can recognize when electricity prices are lower and prioritize using the system at these times of day.
- Receive safety and maintenance notifications: Information about your air filter, safety components and other aspects of your HVAC system can be sent to your phone or tablet. If something seems wrong, you’ll be alerted right away, giving you more time to consider solutions.
- Combine with other smart home products: A smart thermostat can work with a lot more than heating and cooling. Air filtration equipment, humidity control systems and even smoke alarms can all be integrated.
Enjoy Top Brands with Lakeside Installation Support
We’re proud to work with Lennox, Daikin and Pro1 for their high-quality smart thermostats. But even the best product won’t offer everything if installation isn’t handled properly. That’s why Lakeside Heating & Air Conditioning is also proud to work with some of the most dedicated technicians around. We’ll make sure your smart thermostat installation in Arvada, CO, goes smoothly.
To request a free quote for installation, give Lakeside a call today at 303-412-8015.